An Investment Dealer as defined in the Investment Dealers (Licensing) Ordinance 2001 is a person (meaning an individual or entity) who:
- trades on behalf of customers;
- act as a fund manager;
- solicits subscriptions for new issues of Investments; and
- offers advice about investments by way of a business.
Investments under the IDLO include:
- Commodities trading;
- corporate bonds;
- government and local authority bonds;
- units in collective investment schemes;
- warrants, covered warrants, options, futures, forward contracts, contracts for differences, swaps, and spread bets and any similar securities or derivatives; or
- synthetic products which replicate or substantially replicate any of the foregoing.