This Public Notice serves to bring to the attention of all financial businesses, the Financial
Sanctions Notice, FSN- 10-20, which was issued by the Attorney General ‘s Chambers on February
03, 2020. The notice advises that three Hamas designations have been renewed under the United
Kingdom’s Terrorist-Asset Freezing etc. Act 2010 (Part 1, including Part 1 of Schedule 2 was
extended to the Turks and Caicos Islands).
Obligations of financial businesses in response to the Financial Sanctions Notices
The Financial Services Commission advises its licensees and registrants, who are required to
comply with the requirements of the Anti-Money Laundering and Prevention of Terrorist
Financing Regulations, 2010 (as amended), and the Anti-Money Laundering and Prevention of
Terrorist Financing Code 2011 (as amended), to pay careful attention to the referenced Financial
All financial businesses must:
- check whether they maintain any accounts or hold any funds or economic resources for
the persons set out in the Annex to the full Notice which can be accessed via the
Financial Sanctions Notices;
- freeze such accounts, and other funds or economic resources;
- suspend the provision of any financial services to that person;
- refrain from dealing with the funds or assets or making them avail.able (directly or
indirectly) to such persons unless licensed by the Governor;
- report any findings to the Governor, together with any additional information that
would facilitate compliance with the United Kingdom’s Terrorist-Asset Freezing Act
(Part 1, including Part 1 of Schedule 2 was extended to the Turks and Caicos Islands);
- provide any information concerning the frozen assets of designated persons that the
Governor may request. Information reported to the Governor may be passed on to other
regulatory authorities or law enforcement.
Financial businesses should also inform the Commission if they have any dealings with the
designated persons and provide information on the measures applied in relation to them.
AML Supervision Department
Turks and Caicos Islands Financial Services Commission.