This Public Notice serves to bring to the attention of all financial businesses the Financial Sanctions Notice, FSN-41-20, which was issued by the Attorney General’s Chambers on 5 May 2020, which advises that 6 individuals have been added to the Nicaragua financial sanctions regime.
- Ramon Antonio Avellan Medal (Group ID: 13834)
- Sonia Castro Gonzalez (Group ID: 13835)
- Francisco Javier Diaz Madriz (Group ID: 13836)
- Nestor Moncada Lau (Group ID: 13837)
- Luis Perez Olivas (Group ID: 13838)
- Justo Pastor Urbina (Group ID: 13839)
These individuals have been added and are now subject to financial sanctions.
Obligations of financial businesses in response to the Financial Sanctions Notices
The Financial Services Commission advises its licensees and registrants, who are required to comply with the requirements of the Anti-Money Laundering and Prevention of Terrorist Financing Regulations 2010 (as amended), and the Anti-Money Laundering and Prevention of Terrorist Financing Code 2011 (as amended), to pay careful attention to the referenced Financial Sanctions Notice. All financial businesses must:
- check whether they maintain any accounts or hold any funds or economic resources for the persons set out in the Annex to the full Notice which can be accessed via the Financial Sanctions Notices
- freeze such accounts and other funds or economic resources
- refrain from dealing with the funds or assets, or making them available (directly or indirectly) to such persons unless licensed by the Governor
- report any findings to the Governor, together with any additional information that would facilitate compliance with the United Kingdom’s Terrorist-Asset Freezing Act (Part 1, including Part 1 of Schedule 2 which was extended to the Turks and Caicos Islands)
- provide any information concerning the frozen assets of designated persons that the Governor may request. Information reported to the Governor may be passed on to other regulatory authorities or law enforcement.
Financial businesses should also inform the Commission if they have any dealings with the designated persons and provide information on the measures applied in relation to them.
AML Supervision Department