The Financial Services Commission advises its licensees and registrants, who are required to comply with the requirements of the Anti-Money Laundering and Prevention of Terrorist Financing Regulations 2010 (as amended), and the Anti-Money Laundering and Prevention of Terrorist Financing Code 2011 (as amended), to pay careful attention to the Financial Sanctions Notice referenced in this Public Notice.
This Public Notice serves to bring to the attention of all financial businesses Financial Sanctions Notice, FSN-60-20, issued by the Attorney General’s Chambers today, 28 July 2020. The International Division of the Attorney General’s Chambers advises that 5 entries have been amended in the Yemen financial sanctions regime:
- Abdullah Yahya Al Hakim (Group ID: 13190)
- Abd Al-Khaliq al-Houthi (Group ID: 13191)
- Abdulmalik al-Houthi (Group ID: 13253)
- Ali Abdullah Saleh (Group ID: 13192)
- Ahmed Ali Abdullah Saleh (Group ID: 13254)
These individuals are still subject to an asset freeze and the consolidated list has been updated.
All financial businesses are required to apply the following measures to the individuals referenced above:
- Check whether they maintain any accounts or hold any funds or economic resources for the persons set out in the Annex to the full Notice which can be accessed via the Financial Sanctions Notices.
- Freeze such accounts and other funds or economic resources.
- Refrain from dealing with the funds or assets or from making them available (directly or indirectly) to such persons unless licensed by the Governor.
- Report any findings to the Governor, together with any additional information, that would facilitate compliance with the UK’s Terrorist-Asset Freezing Act (Part 1, including Part 1 of Schedule 2 which was extended to the Turks and Caicos Islands).
- Provide any information concerning the frozen assets of designated persons that the Governor may request. Information reported to the Governor may be passed on to other regulatory authorities or law enforcement.
Financial businesses should continue to inform the Commission if they have any dealings with designated persons and provide information on the measures applied in relation to them.
AML Supervision Department