The Financial Services Commission advises its licensees and registrants, who are required to comply with the requirements of the Anti-Money Laundering and Prevention of Terrorist Financing Regulations 2010 (as amended), and the Anti-Money Laundering and Prevention of Terrorist Financing Code 2011 (as amended), to pay careful attention to the Financial Sanctions Notice referenced in this Public Notice.
This Public Notice brings to the attention of licensees and registrants Financial Sanctions Notice, FSN-67-20, issued by the Attorney General’s Chambers today, 5 August 2020. FSN-67-20 advises that amendments have been made to the identifying information for 1 entry under the Terrorism and Terrorist Financing financial sanctions regime. (Part 1, including Part 1 of Schedule 2 of the United Kingdom’s Terrorist-Asset Freezing Act 2010 (TAFA) was extended to the Turks and Caicos Islands.) This entry remains subject to financial sanctions:
- Qasem Soleimani (Group ID 9062)
Licensees and registrants are advised that they are required to apply the following measures to the entry referenced above:
- Check whether they maintain any accounts or hold any funds or economic resources for the entry listed in the Annex of the UKOFSI Notice, which can be accessed via the link in FSN-67-20.
- Freeze such accounts and other funds or economic resources.
- Refrain from dealing with the funds or assets, or from making them available (directly or indirectly), to the entry, unless licensed by the Governor.
- Report any findings to the Governor, with any additional information, that would facilitate compliance with the Regulation.
- Provide any information concerning the frozen assets of the entry that the Governor may request, noting that information reported to the Governor may be passed on to other regulatory authorities or law enforcement.
Licensees and registrants should continue to inform the Commission if they have any dealings with the entry and provide information on the measures applied to the individuals.
AML Supervision Department