The Financial Services Commission advises its licensees and registrants, who are required to comply with the requirements of the Anti-Money Laundering and Prevention of Terrorist Financing Regulations 2010 (as amended), and the Anti-Money Laundering and Prevention of Terrorist Financing Code 2011 (as amended), to pay careful attention to the Financial Sanctions Notice referenced in this Public Notice.
This Public Notice brings to the attention of licensees and registrants Financial Sanctions Notice, FSN-86-20, issued by the Attorney General’s Chambers today, 14th October 2020. FSN-86-20 advises that amendments have been made to the identifying information of two entries (2 individuals) in the ISIL (Da’esh) and Al-Qaida Organisations financial sanctions regime.
- Jamal Hussein Hassan Zeiniye (Group ID: 13967)
- Sa’d Bin Sa’d Muhammad Shariyan AL-KA’BI (Group ID: 13280)
These individuals are still subject to an asset freeze and the consolidated list has been updated.
Licensees and registrants are advised that they are required to apply the following measures to the entries referenced above:
- Check whether you maintain any accounts or hold any funds or economic resources for the entries listed in the Annex of the UK OFSI notice, which can be accessed via the link in FSN-86-20.
- Freeze such accounts and other funds or economic resources.
- Refrain from dealing with the funds or assets, or from making them available (directly or indirectly), to the entries unless licensed by the Governor.
- Report any findings to the Governor, with any additional information, that would facilitate compliance with the Regulation.
- Provide any information concerning the frozen assets of the entries that the Governor may request, noting that information reported to the Governor may be passed on to other regulatory authorities or law enforcement.
Licensees and registrants should continue to inform the Commission if they have any dealings with the entries and provide information on the measures applied to the individuals.
AML Supervision Department