The International Division of the Attorney General’s Chambers advises that the following:
1. All persons designated under the Russia financial sanctions regime have been designated for the purpose of trust services sanctions.
2. On 21 March 2023 the Governor of the Turks and Caicos Islands issued a General License for the Wind Down of Trust Services provided to Designated Persons.
3. On 21 March 2023 the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office updated the UK Sanctions List on GOV.UK, which provides details of those designated under regulations made under the Sanctions Act.
4. 1,730 persons currently designated under the Russia regime have been amended on the UK Sanctions List and are now subject to trust services sanctions which can be found here.
5. This follows an update to the UK Sanctions List. The consolidated list of asset freeze targets has been updated to reflect these changes.
6. The full Notice was issued by the Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation of HM Treasury.
To see the full notice, click here.
7. The United Kingdom’s Consolidated List can be accessed here.
8. The UK’s Consolidated List of Designated Persons and entities concerning the Russian Regime can be found here.